Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Connor's 4 month check up/shots

So, today was our first visit to our pediatrician here in VA. Overall, the experience was good. We had to wait a while, but that is pretty normal in busy doctor's offices...so whatever. I'm glad to announce that my child is HUGE! hah! Connor is 4 months and 3 weeks old now, and he weighed in at a WHOPPING 20 lbs solid! he is 26 inches long and has an 18 inch head! he's a growing boy! As the Doc said, he is the poster child for breastfeeding considering he has only had a few spoonfuls of rice cereal and has grown to be a strong, strapping young man! haha! She said he is the picture of health and seems to be doing everything he is supposed to be doing! He got 4 shots today, and other than the fact we had waited long enough that Connor was asleep (it was nap time) when it was shot time, he did very well. There was a lot of crying and tears...but mostly i think he just wanted to SLEEP! but by the time we got out to the front desk, he had stopped crying...he took a nap, and before we could finish lunch, he was back at his usual smiling happy baby! So that was that! Sad thing is that i think it was harder on me, than it was on him! hah! but i didnt cry this time! so i guess i was brave too! So...next round of shots in just over a month (since we were a bit behind schedule this time!) wahoo!! here's some pics from labor day weekend! enjoy!

Photobucket
Photobucket
trying to sit
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, he's bigger than Brayden (his 6 month check up is the 8th). I think Brayden's longer but probably not by much but I think at 5 months he was 15.14 oz (if I remember correctly). Oh well, they all equal out at a year or so...from what I"m told. I gotta go...diaper changing time. I see you joined that myspace site, I'll be voting for Conner ;)

Jennifer said...

Hey there, woman!
Add me to your blogroll.. I am gonna add you to mine!
Love the pics!
Miss y'all TONS!